Strengthening Women’s Power Through Feng Shui
by Viviana Estrada
Despite the multiple number of women in power nowadays, there are still several facts that demonstrate gender inequity and women oppression around the world, in business and at home. However, debates about the role of women in society have increased in popularity and people seem to be listening more. Believe it or not there is a feng shui reason for this, which relies on the BaGua.
The BaGua are the eight (Ba) trigrams (Gua) that result from the interaction between Yin and Yang, the two opposite energy forces in the universe that give birth to everything that exist. Within the BaGua there are four male guas and four female guas. Each gua represents an element, a number, a family member, a color and much more. The guas are also linked to time and each gua covers a period of 20 years.
We are currently on period 8 almost getting to period 9. Gua 8 is a male gua but gua 9 is a female gua so as we get closer to period 9, women will definitively increase their power, and debates about women will be even more. Just in case you are wondering what happens after period 9, in Chinese metaphysics (the mother of feng shui) time is cyclical so period 1 comes back (there are nine periods and eight guas, 5 is not a gua but it identifies a period).
Going back to the topic of power, if you women don’t want to wait for period 9 to come in and you want to be now the ones in charge, at work or at home, follow any or all recommendations listed below:
1. Yin is female and yang is male. Yin is right and yang is left. Increase the power of yin locating yourself in a property (home and/or office, where ever you want to be in power) that has a wider, larger, and/or brighter right-hand side outer space (compared to the left-hand side outer space) from the main door of the property looking out.
2. Gua 2 is the ultimate female gua and it corresponds to the southwest. Locate your self in a property that has a protrusion on the southwest, in other words, a property that is not shaped as a perfect rectangle or square, where the southwest corner is larger than the rest.
3. Gua 6 is the ultimate male gua and it corresponds to the northwest. Locate your self in a property that has a weak northwest, in other words, a property that is not shaped as a perfect rectangle or square, where the northwest corner is smaller than the rest.
4. Gua 9 is a female gua that corresponds to the south and represents fire. Fire supports the intrinsic earth energy of the southwest and weakens the intrinsic metal energy of the northwest so you could also empower yourself in a property where the south corner is larger than the rest.
5. Enhance the southwest corner of your home or office with earth objects like crystals.
6. House or office numbers with 9, 7, 4 and 2 in any combination could favor female control so look for them.
7. Allow yourself to be powerful, if you don’t feel you deserve it, it is very hard to make it happen.
8. Remember that in feng shui and generally in life there is always a tradeoff: increased power and wealth could bring reduced love and health.