From Physician to Healer:
Lions and Bears and Black Mambas, Oh My!
~ Sarah Bamford Seidelmmann, M.D.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
The Marsh, 5000 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN
Free for members (1.5 CEU Credit)
Guest Fee is $27.00
After two Decades in the study and practice of medicine, I took a three-month sabbatical to search for a way to feel good again. Having witnessed human suffering early in my career and within my own family, I longed for a way to address more than just the physical needs of patients and to live a lighter, more conscious way. I'll be sharing a bit about my bewildering vocational shift from physician to shamanic healer. Ultimately, I discovered an entirely different way of healing, one that I had always aspired to.
Sarah Bamford Seidelmann was a physician living a nature-starved, hectic lifestyle until a walrus entered her life and changed everything. She has trained at the Martha Beck Institute and Michael Harner's Foundation for Shamanic Studies and is author of Swimming with Elephants (Conari Press, 2017) and The Book of Beasties: Your A to A Guide to the Illuminating Wisdom of Spirit Animals. (Souds True 2018). She lives in Northern Minnesota. For more, visit followyourfeelgood.com
Sign Up Online and Renew Your FSIM Membership!
It is time for March and April renewals, using our new FSIM website. We'd love to see you in 2019!
If you have not yet logged in, please see information below and print out the .pdf
instructions OR print out the .pdf instructions, then contact Megan at email@example.com
to get your user ID and the email we have for you on file. You will need that information to log on!
Benefits of Practitioner, Friend, and Student memberships:
- Practitioners, Friends and Students:
- Attend three FSIM quarterly events for no extra charge, and the FSIM 20th Anniversary celebration in January 2020 for reduced rate.
- Join us for volunteer opportunities, Community Circle events, and special speaker events for no fee or reduced rates.
- Receive event updates, insightful articles, and more in our mindfully designed newsletter and emails.
- Keep and update or add your online Directory listing. You can now add multiple websites, Instagram, Facebook, Etsy, and other links to your profile. You are in charge! Update your listing any time.
- Download the FSIM logo from your Dashboard for your business use.
- Enter in your CEUs throughout the year for speedy renewal process.
- Contact Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an article/idea or to send in your class/event listing for the FSIM newsletter.
If you are a current or past Practitioner, Friend, or Student, you will need to follow one-time Log In procedures, using the email you have registered with FSIM and the user name of your last name and first initial (e.g. Michelle Doilney is doilneym).
Please print, read, and follow (exactly!) the attached ".pdf" for detailed instructions.
We have another tip to add: Please hand-type all of the user name, email, and password fields - do not let your computer auto-fill those fields - just the first time you log in.
If you are a brand-new Practitioner, Friend, or Student, you can use the "Sign Up" link
with your email and create your own user name.
Please Log In or Sign Up online and renew your membership, join, or re-join FSIM:
Please see our Practitioner Eligibility page for detailed CEU quallfications: https://www.fsim.org/PractitionerEligibility
Please note that if you have non-FSIM CEUs, you will need to allow 1-3 days before your renewal deadline for them to be reviewed.
If you have questions on this process, please contact Web Coordinator Megan Eagledale at email@example.com
FSIM Board of Directors
Feng Shui Institute of the Midwest
FSIM C3 Circle Spring Equinox Celebration
Friday, March 22, 2019
6:30PM to 9:00PM in Maple Grove
Everyone is Welcome, bring a friend or two, the more the merrier!
~ Hosted by Cheryl Larson - FSIM Practitioner Member
Our FSIM C3 Circle (C3 is Conscious, Compassionate, Community) will be held at Cheryl's home in Maple Grove with Amy Randy giving us a glimpse into Astrology.
There will be light appetizers and beverages provided. Please feel free to bring something to share if you'd like to!! With Mother Nature's two feet of snow still blanketing our yard, we'll have our gathering inside around the fireplace where it will be warm and cozy.
NOTE: FSIM is collecting new and gently used blankets for Bridging. Each year Bridging serves over 13,000 people. Please bring along a blanket or two to help families in need!
Remember to bring your red envelopes and anything else you'd like to release to the heavens by burning them in the fire!
Volunteering at Bridging
What a fun, successful day at Bridging with our largest Feng Shui volunteer group to date! We inspected & rolled up multiple bins of blankets, unpacked cookware and cleared clutter at the packing stations on Tuesday afternoon. Thanks to all our volunteers, Bridging clients will be able to stay warm with their new blankets in the snowiest February on record in Minnesota.
"When good people get together to do good things, then good things happen!"
~ Founder, Fran Heitzman
Thank you to all our volunteers for giving of your time with a generous heart, it is most greatly appreciated!
(Front row: Ellen Johnson, Sonia Ellis, Nancy Baxter Back row: Tom Brunmeier, Carolyn Vinup, Elaine Anderson, Amy Randy, Fran Heitzman, Megan Eagledale, Deb Gieseke, Gwen Johnson, Cheryl Larson.
Travel Feng Shui
In this time period of the cold and winter doldrums and moving in to spring and summer, take a break! People are taking time to travel. As we travel, we need to remember to partake in some good travel Feng Shui practices.
We need to pay attention to the Travel and Helpful People part of the Bagua. It is located at the front right corner. This area represents the energy that brings helpful people to us and guides us to helpful people on a daily basis. It also guides us to everyday or special travel places. Best Colors: white, grey, silver, or black. Good elements for this area are metal and water.
Below are some good tips -
TRAVEL: PLAN YOUR GETAWAY!
If you want to go on a vacation to your dream destination, use imagery and Feng Shui to help get you there.
For instance, put a picture or travel brochure of your dream destination in the helpful people and travel part of the bagua and start planning to relax on that beautiful soft sandy beach in Tahiti or climb to the peak of Machu Picchu.
(Ms. Feng Shui-By Jessie Kim
Create good energy with a small "feng shui on-the-go" assortment of items. These would be items that will help clear the energy, as well as keep maintain good energy around you.
- A couple of small crystals are always a good idea when you are away from home. Clear quartz and rose quartz are excellent choices, as are black tourmaline for protection or kyanite for balancing. Do not forget to cleanse your crystals from time to time. You can incorporate the crystals subtly as mindful jewelry/body feng shui, or by carrying small tumbled crystals in your pockets.
- Essential oils that you like the most are always a good "feng shui on-the-go" tool. I always carry lavender oil with me to refresh my energy throughout the day. Lavender also has strong protective properties. Explore different essential oils and see which scents strengthen you/your energy field the most.
- Smudging or burning incense is a good idea for any space, but you might not have the ability to do that while traveling. However, even an air spray with a good essential oils mix would work well to quickly pick up the energy of the room.
- Stay safe by feeling out the energy around you and avoid bad spots. A place can look very pretty and have dangerous energies or bad feng shui still. The only way to access this information is with your feelings - does it feel good? does it feel bad? Do not let your mind interfere for the first couple of seconds and you will sense things that might be hidden and not very obvious about the feng shui of any given space.
- Then, of course, learn as much as you can about good feng shui basics before going away and you will quickly know what places would be better for you: from the energy of places close to the water to the energy of houses on a cul-de-sac.
- If you are traveling with your partner and worry about maintaining the strength of your loving relationship, it is always a good idea to have with you a small photo of your most fun and loving moments. The photo can be part of your "feng shui on-the-go" package and help smooth your communication when needed.
Again, as we travel, we need to incorporate some good, sound Feng Shui!
Happy and safe travels to All!!
"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."
To post your classes or events in the next
Change Your Space - Change Your Life - A New Class Series with Julie Ann Segal
Infinite Possibilities - The Art of Living Your Dreams
Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:30am - 1:00pm
Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:30am - 1:00pm
Decorating the "Fun" Shui Way
Saturday, May 11, 2019
9:30am - 1:00pm
Designing Your Home and Life With Vision Boards
Saturday, October 26, 2019
9:30am - 1:00pm
Creating Calm in a Stressful Environment
What would you do if you knew the power of your surroundings? Create an environment that commands calm, rather than chaos.
Block negative energy and attract positive energy with feng shui principles, by setting intentions and infusing them into your home or office.
Wednesday, April 09, 2019 10:30am - Noon OR Thursday, April 11, 2019, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
St. Croix Healing Arts & Awaken for Wellness,
411 Cty Road UU,
Hudson WI 54017
Saturday, November 9, 2019 - Friday, November 15, 2019
Create an extraordinary life and business and become more VITALLY YOU!
Maui is a magical & potent place to revitalize, relax & raise your vibration.
When you join me for the 2019 Vitally You Retreat in Maui, Hawaii You will:
- Become more VITALLY YOU
- Discover the meaning of Aloha & how to live it
- Open up to dream again & add more FUN into life & work
- Release resistance & limiting beliefs to live the life you want
- Be surrounded by angels all week long
- Explore & enjoy the paradise that is Maui
- Relax, rejuvenate and raise your vibration
Join me on Maui! Vitally You MAUI Retreat is open for registration!
Spend a week with me and the Archangels in the tropical paradise of Maui!
2019 FSIM Quarterly Meetings: (Open to the public, free to members)
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - Sarah Seidelmann, a presentation based on her book "Swimming with Elephants: My Unexpected Pilgrimage from Physician to Healer".
Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - Julie Ann Segal, Vision Boards - Stay tuned for more information in our next newsletter!
Saturday, October 5, 2019 - Chinese Garden Tour with Linda Mealy Lohman
2019 FSIM Special Events:
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - William Meader, Topic TBD
2019 FSIM Community Circle Events:
Friday, March 22, 2019 - Spring Equinox - Bonfire in Maple Grove, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Friday, June 21, 2019 - Summer Solstice - Bonfire in Circle Pines, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Friday, September 20, 2019 - Fall Equinox - Bonfire in St. Paul, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
2019 FSIM Volunteering Opportunities:
Volunteering at Bridging
Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Bloomington Warehouse, 201 W 87th St, Bloomington, MN 55420
Volunteering at Bridging
Thursday, August 15, 2019, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Roseville Warehouse, 1730 Terrace Dr, Roseville, MN 55113