Come Gather Around the Zoom Bonfire with Us
FSIM C3 Circle Fall Equinox Celebration
featuring Barbara Bobrowitz!
Friday, September 25, 2020
7:00 to 8:30 PM
Barbara Bobrowitz, founder of Energetic Alignments, is a highly trained, experienced Feng Shui teacher and consultant since 1992. She studied with Grandmaster Lin Yun Rinpoche, Katherine Metz,and James & Helen Jay, and indigenous shamans from South America. Barbara has shared energy tools with willing seekers for the past 28 years, assisting them in making conscious and beneficial changes to their lives. Beginning in 2005, she added a personal energy management system developed by John Friedlander and Gloria Hemsher. This approach, called Psychic Psychology, teaches a deeply grounded way of moving through life with curiosity, amusement and clarity.
Barbara enhances her Feng Shui consultations through weekly mentoring calls with Katherine Metz, combined with Psychic Psychology techniques to magnify the power of her work with clients.
About the presentation:
Barbara will share a meditation using the Sun-Moon mirror with the Nine Sun Secret Cure that comes directly from Professor Lin Yun Rinpoche through Katherine Metz to me. Among many other uses, it increases and supports clarity, precision, balance, and luck, especially for Feng Shui practitioners in our work and lives.
Barbara will review the:
- Essence and some uses of the Sun-Moon mirror
- Essence and uses of the Nine Sun Secret Cure
- Procedure for creating a sacred object of the White Handkerchief for the Nine Sun Secret Cure
- Underlying concept of using new materials in each object (unless you're inspired to use something from the category of "Other")
She will then walk us through a visualization of the Umbrella Ceremony for promoting peace, tolerance, and blessings for the world in this time of turmoil on so many levels. It is a ceremony that can be used for any fluctuating business or personal situation in our lives, but especially health.
Suggestions for anyone wanting to participate in creating the Secret within the Secret cure for enhancing clarity especially for Feng Shui practitioners:
- Your Sun-Moon mirror
- A new white handkerchief
- EITHER a new brush, red ink and a pinch of cinnabar OR a new black pen
Open to the public: No fee. Registration is required.
FSIM CEUs: 1.0
Quarterly Meeting - Fall Field Trip
The Hindu Center has suspended all facility tours because of COVID-19, however, the Feng Shui Institute of the Midwest invites members to experience the beauty and peace of Walking the Labyrinth Path. We will visit two different St. Paul Labyrinths designed by Lisa Gidlow Moriarty of Paths of Peace, Stillwater, MN. Masks and social distancing will be required.
Saturday, October 10th, 2020
The labyrinth tour was compiled by Lisa Gidlow Moriarty, Paths of Peace, Stillwater, MN: Paths of Peace
FSIM CEUs: 1.5
BYOL (bring your own lunch) to gather as a group after the second Labyrinth experience.
Registration is required. Labyrinth location information will be provided at the time of registration.
The Labyrinth tour is free for FSIM members and $18 for guests.
For more information on Labyrinths, see the article below.
Walking the Labyrinth Path
"Labyrinths are ancient patterns, thousands of years old, and found all over the world. Over the centuries, labyrinths have been used by many different societies in many different ways. The story of the evolution of labyrinths is both fascinating and mystical, and is best told by labyrinth historian, Jeff Saward of Essex, England, who has researched labyrinths for many years. Visit Jeff's website for more information on his work and the Labyrinth Society: Labyrinth Society
Labyrinth walking can provide a sense of calm that is conducive to meditation, self-exploration and prayer. Though the labyrinth is thousands of years old, these ancient patterns still speak to us today. I believe our culture is so steeped in rapid stimulation, information and technology that we are yearning for places for quiet introspection and release. Labyrinths provide that well of solace where we can go to drink deeply. Our culture is so steeped in rapid stimulation, information, and technology that we are yearning for places for quiet introspection and release. Labrinths provide that well of solace where we can go to drink deeply.
Reprinted from Lisa Gidrow Moriarty's Paths of Peace website.
Save the Date!
January 12, 2021
"Activate a New Superpower"
Cyndi will discuss how we prepare to leave the challenges of 2020 behind. "It's not enough to continue on like before, when we're facing tremendous opportunity."
More details coming later this fall! What a perfect time to have Cyndi share her knowledge and insights.
Visit Cyndi's website for more information on her and her work: Cyndi Dale
Feng Shui Magic
We are sharing some of the Feng Shui magical moments our members have created for their clients or for themselves. Here are a few helpful reminders to create healthy, happy spaces.
1) Remember that leaving toilet seat lids down helps keep energy in balance - not going down the drain. For visual preference, see how it looks/feels with the toilet seat/lid up, then closed as you enter or use the bathroom. And remember that toilet lids have a real function. Keeping the lid closed before you flush keeps water and particles from spreading out in the room or on you!
2) Sink and sanity. One way a client feels rested before bed and ready for action in the morning is to just make sure the kitchen sink is clean and clear, all dishes done. It's a ritual for relaxing now, gently clearing washing the dishes, rinsing the sink and running the disposal. In the morning, at least that one area is open and ready to be used; important for breakfast or making lunches for later. (I believe there is a "Sink Fairy" book written about this).
Michelle Skally Doilney
We would like to hear from you! Send your Magic Feng Shui experiences to:
To post your classes or events in the next newsletter,
Wind & Water Center News:
- Watch for a very unique upcoming program launching in September! It includes never-before-shared meditations from Professor Lin. More details to follow.
- We'll be starting another Masters Program in November. Let us know if you want to receive information about the Program.
- We launched a podcast! You can find it in our catalog or anywhere you get your podcasts! We're launching one every week and there are currently nine to listen to.
- We're continually adding new classes and programs to our catalog (including some that are free), so be sure to check it out!
- Re-certification was due July 31st! Thank You to everyone who submitted their forms! If you missed the deadline and want to re-certify, contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Dates 2020 & 2021
2020 FSIM Quarterly Meetings: (Open to the public, free to members)
We may be changing meetings depending on circumstances at the time of any meeting.
Friday, September 25, 2020 - Fall Zoom Bonfire and Equinox - Celebrating the Light of Fall with Barbara Bobrowitz.
Saturday, October 10, 2020 - Field Trip - Walking the Labyrinth Path - 2 locations in St. Paul.
2021 FSIM Quarterly Meetings: (Open to the public, free to members, except January Annual Meeting).
Tuesday, January 12, 2021: Cyndi Dale - Location TBD. Topic: Activate a New Superpower.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021: Catherine Duncan - Location & Topic TBD
And more to come!