As a professional association, FSIM supports practitioners who meet specified criteria and educational training qualifications to earn and maintain their membership in the organization.
- To be eligible for a Practitioner membership, you must have acquired certification through an approved School of Feng Shui (ex. Wind & Water School of Feng Shui, Western School of Feng Shui, Feng Shui Designs, Inc., etc.), with a minimum of 35 hours of training with a Feng Shui Expert.
- Practitioners must fulfill six (6) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) annually to retain membership. CEUs demonstrate a commitment to consistently expanding Feng Shui-related knowledge and growth as a Practitioner. A minimum of one (1) CEU must come from an FSIM quarterly meeting or from a course directly related to Feng Shui.
CEUs can be acquired from many sources, such as:
- Attendance at FSIM quarterly meetings. FSIM meetings are each worth 1.5 CEUs. By attending all four quarterly FSIM meetings, you will meet your CEU requirements.
- A Feng Shui-related course, lecture, or workshop taught by someone other than yourself. Each hour of class attended translates into one CEU.
- Classes that are not directly Feng Shui-related and which you feel are important in your work as a Practitioner (e.g., a class on Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Dowsing, Breath-work, etc.) are eligible for a maximum of 2 CEUs per topic, per year.
- Ongoing related personal development classes and mentorships will be eligible for partial credit, subject to a maximum of 2 CEUs per year.
Looking for Feng Shui-specific CEUs? Suggestions:
- Check FSIM’s Events page and newsletters for qualifying classes and events.
- Check whether your certification program or school offers live, teleconference, or webinars for alumni.
- Do an online search for Feng Shui classes. Many practitioners offer webinars and teleseminars in addition to in-person classes. Any level of class is accepted.
- Check to see if a qualifying school or practitioner offers recordings of classes or lectures to download.
Recordings of approved webinars/teleseminars are acceptable, as long as they were watched or listened to within the renewal year.
- Movies, books, or discussions are not accepted for CEU credit.
- Experiential classes (yoga, qi gong, Reiki, etc.) are not accepted for CEU credit, however, a certification workshop in those areas would be eligible (up to 2 CEUs per year).
CEUs cannot be carried forward from one year to the next.
- CEUs must be approved by FSIM before they can be used for Practitioner renewal.
Expired Membership? Missing CEUs?
If your Practitioner membership expires without the completion of the required CEUs, you may renew as a Friend until such time that you are able to complete your CEUs. Although this membership level does not qualify you to be listed in the directory, you, can still participate in the meetings and continue to receive other membership benefits. Once you have acquired your CEUs, you can upgrade to a Practitioner membership.
Note that if you are a recent graduate of an approved certification program, your course work qualifies for your CEUs!
We invite you to become a new or renewing member of the FSIM. Thank you for your interest and participation. Membership in FSIM gives you access to intentionally designed opportunities to expand your Feng Shui community, build connections, and share positive energy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Membership or CEUs, please contact the FSIM membership coordinator.
Membership options and annual dues are as shown here.
- New Practitioner – $99
- Renewing Practitioner – $99
- New Friend – $72
- Renewing Friend – $72
Sign up here for your free newsletter or to join FSIM as a Practitioner, Friend, or Student.
Current Members Log In here to view your account information and to renew or upgrade your membership.